The Williamston Theatre is seeking applicants for its 2011-2012 Season Apprenticeship Program. This program is designed for a highly motivated and hard working college graduate who is interested in launching their career in the theatre world. The Apprenticeship Position seeks to provide a bridge between the classroom and the professional realm.
Through the course of the program, the apprentice will gain hands-on experience by fulfilling a variety of roles and duties, including production assistant to the stage manager, assistant to designers, support staff for the managing director and development director, box office staff, house manager and general building maintenance.
The Williamston Theatre works with professionals in a myriad of fields from the Michigan theatre community and thus provides the apprentice with invaluable contacts, as well as professional resume credits. Those who are interested can also apply for EMC points and earn them through the course of the Williamston Theatre’s six-show season.
Ideal candidates will have:
– Good written and interpersonal communication skills
– Backstage/Tech experience
– An eagerness to learn
– The dedication to work closely with the small group of tight-knit Williamston Theatre staff
– A patron-focused attitude
– The ability to work under pressure
– Good problem-solving skills
– An interest in Arts Management, Production/Design, Stage Management or Technical Direction
Interested Applicants should send a cover letter and resume, along with two letters of recommendation to:
Attn: Tony Caselli
122 S. Putnam St.
Williamston, MI 48895
Or Applicants can email their application as a single .pdf document to: email@example.comShare