The Michigan Equity Theatre Alliance, an alliance of professional theaters located in Michigan of which the Williamston Theatre is a member, seeks an executive director. The ED is responsible for leadership necessary to achieve META’s mission, working with its board of directors to chart the course for a sustainable future. As the sole staff position of META, the executive director reports directly to the board of directors.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Spearhead and implement strategic and operational planning efforts
- Develop and oversee annual budgets and finance reports to the board
- Ensure appropriate support for all board committees
- Joint marketing and branding, group sales, media relations and publicity
- Manage META website and oversee content management
- Manage META group database and function as systems administrator
- Manage online forums including the META blog and social media sites
- Grant writing to numerous local, statewide and national organizations
- Conduct fundraising activities: special events, raffles, sponsorship and membership programs, annual appeals
- Oversee annual META events, including annual conference and Wilde Awards
- Manage accounts receivable and membership programs of EncoreMichigan.com
- Network nationally with other theater service organizations such as APASO, New Jersey Theatre Alliance, Bay Area Theatres, etc.
- Create Benchmarking documents for internal comparison and external advocacy
- Oversee annual bookkeeping and coordinate and facilitate annual audit or review
The ideal candidate will have:
- Leadership experience in theater administration and a strong working knowledge of the demands of professional production
- Strong leadership and organization skills, especially in the areas of marketing, development, board relations and information technology
- Strong communication skills – on the phone, in writing, and in person
- A professional demeanor and an infectious excitement about theater
- Ability to self-govern in an independent, autonomous work situation
- Ability to interact with a diverse constituency, including theater artists, grantmakers, colleagues in arts service organizations and the META board
- Strong grant writing skills
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to analyze and communicate financial information
Position available immediately. Salary based on experience plus benefits.
Send letter, resume and salary requirements to: Executive Director Search, Michigan Equity Theatre Alliance, c/o Williamston Theatre, 122 S Putnam, Williamston, MI 48895. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
META is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Share